Liftstream Diversity Research Spurs California Biotech Leadership Event
09 June 2015
- Life Sciences leadership event discussing how the sector can improve the opportunities for women
- Highly credible panel with experience from biotech, investing and public company boards
- Event offers ‘breakthrough thinking’ on C-level and board diversity
Liftstream has been instrumental in the design of the event programme and used its international network of C-level and board executive to put together a highly credible panel of speakers. The event will present gender diversity data from the life sciences sector and also comprehensively debate the factors which are influencing executive and board level appointments in the sector. Attendees of the event will have the opportunity to hear an experienced panel of CEOs and Board members address the central questions:
- How can senior management and corporate boards develop more opportunities to advance women into executive and board level positions?
- How can aspiring women be more effective at reaching and succeeding on Life Science Boards and Executive Teams?
Karl Simpson, CEO at Liftstream commented: “This event is the first event we have been instrumental in designing since the publication of our research and it focuses on advancing the discussion around gender diversity at the executive and board level of life sciences companies. Our research shows that gender inequality remains a significant problem at the top of life sciences companies. However, we wanted to act on this data and begin to speak directly to executives involved in the sector who either aspire to these senior career opportunities, or who want to transform their company’s leadership culture towards greater diversity. California is very focused on the gender diversity issue right now and it seems like a very good place to use our evidence of gender inequity to translate knowledge into action.”
Liftstream will be working with their global network of biotechnology and life science executives to develop further initiatives aimed at improving awareness and representation of women leaders in the biotech sector, as well as working with established organisations leading in this area.
Back to news and press releases